B.Y.O.C Champlifier kit
<out of stock indefinitely>
BYOC only offers one amplifier kit at the moment, The Champlifier. It is based on the 5F1 Fender Champ. This is the ultimate practice and recording amp. At 6 watts, you'll be able to get cranked tube amp tone at a volume that will only slightly annoy your neighbors.
Sure, there are lots of Champ kits out there. So what makes the BYOC Champ kit different? Well, for starters, the BYOC Champlifier kit is one of the very few amp kits out there that even comes with real instructions. Most amp kits just include a schematic and maybe a 50 year old wiring diagram. The BYOC Champlifier comes with a 69 page step-by-step instruction manual that's full of pictures and diagrams. Go ahead and take a look for yourself. It's free to download. Just scroll down a little further and click the big button that says, "click here to download instructions".
The other thing that sets the kit apart from other Champ kits is the quality of the parts and components. You simply cannot build a better 5F1 based point-to-point amplifier than this.
- Chrome plated steel chassis
- Epoxy glass turret board for the most solid point-to-point construction
- JJ & Sovtek vacuum tubes (you can order the kit without tubes)
- Classic Tone transformers wound to vintage specs and made the old school way in the U.S. A. (you can order the kit without transformers)
- Sprague, Mallory, and F&T capacitors
- Carbon Comp resistors
- Ceramic tube sockets; neutrik jack; and cloth covered wire
**Shipping may be more expensive that calculated during checkout. I will contact you if this is the case.